Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Break

Happy Holidays to everyone in blogland!

We went on our first family mountain bike fun ride last weekend. It was the Twilight ride at the Backsberg Estate. There was a 20km, 10km, and 4km ride with the 20km starting at 6pm. We finished at 7:55pm and then Michaela and I entered the fancy dress competition and won a prize as the Tutu Girls!
AT the start

Took this photo while riding!!
Michaela and I with our race numbers at the fancy dress!

I finally got all my Christmas baking done too....fruit cake and lots of Christmas biscuits!
Batch 1 of Biscuits before the oven

Yesterday was the annual Fenn Cape Point Challenge Surfksi race...an epic 50km surfski paddle starting in Scarborough on the Atlantic side, around Cape Point and ending at Fish Hoek Beach. The first batch of paddlers leave at 5:30am and the winner finished in a tine of 3hr41m! A tradition at the club is that all the Junior Lifeguard girls get given a Fenn bikini and meet the paddlers as they cross the finish line and carry their boats for them! The eldest gannet was a Fenn girl this year!!



The eldest gannet in the middle with the pink bikini!


The youngest gannet was the juice girl...handing out juice to the paddlers as they finished.
 

I'm also taking a blog break until after Christmas and possibly New Year and would like to thank everyone who has visited and inspired me throughout the year! I will be continuing with my 365 days of creativity...I'm almost halfway there now!!


Merry Christmas and a wonderful festive season to everyone
PennyB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment