Saturday, October 22, 2011

Weekend away

Apologies for the lateness this week....it's been an interesting week! I was asked to substitute on Tuesday again, which went well, and it was the same class I'd sat with last week. At pottery on Wednesday, we prepared for a raku firing (I'm not sure myself what that is as I'm a novice at this myself!) I also finished off my sculpture, which now needs to dry. Thursday I went to art and worked on my waterlily....it'll be finished soon...very excited about this one too...and then on Friday we went to another pottery lady for a pit firing! We've been working on these pots for weeks, they were put into the pit yesterday and all will be revealed at 10am this morning (I'll show you next week!)

I haven't finished my tangle challenge this week, I've used florz as my base and tangling the spaces...I'll post it when it's finished.

We're in beautiful Langebaan this weekend with friends of ours...2 reasons...a family weekend away and the boys are paddling in the second race of the surf ski series which is here! Langebaan is on the Westcoast and has the most beautiful lagoon. Being on the Westcoast also means that the water is a bit chilly! (I'll post some pictures later today!)

Hope everyone has a great weekend
Pennyb

No comments:

Post a Comment