Thursday, October 27, 2011

Time flies!

Wow, time flies at times! I can't believe it's Friday already!

I have amazing children....on Monday night my eldest gannet (Caitlin) cooked Chicken ala King for supper, last night the youngest gannet (Michaela) cooked Pasketti Marinara (spaghetti and tomato sauce) and this morning Caitlin cooked the breakfast pictured below! 
(Me thinks I'm going to have to call my eldest a swan and not a gannet soon too!!)
Scrambled egg, bacon, fried mushrooms and toast!

We had a very exciting pottery session last week ...we pit fired our pots...the result of which is STUNNING!! I had no idea what it was going to look like and really love the end result! Tomorrow we are doing a Raku firing (which apparantly looks like a crackle glaze when done...I'll show you next week!)
The black lines are a result of copper wire tied around the pot and the other marks are from coffee, tea, seaweed,salt, copper sulphate and a variety of other interesting substances!

 My weekend away last weekend was such fun...I played with my camera settings, trying out all sorts of things while my husband paddled and the children played on the beach! Some of the pictures worked and others , well let's just say they needed to be deleted :(





I did manage to complete Challenge #45 this week...it was interesting trying the pattern out, because the first one was horrible! I really like the plaited look it gives, and after filling in the bits, I decided it looked better emptier rather than filling it in....so I listened to myself (doesn't happen often!) and stopped tangling. I really like the way it's turned out, thanks Rick and Maria and Laura!
Challenge #45...Punzel

 I have a busy weekend ahead too as my youngest turns 9 on Saturday!! No rest for us moms! 

Have a wonderfully creative everyone
Pennyb

 

3 comments:

  1. Your pottery is beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished project. And your zentangle is great, too. Very cheerful and spirited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tile is lovely! And so is the pottery. Am curious how it can improve. I look forward to seeing it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tangle is so precise and even! I really struggle with that, especially on something like punzel where the best effect is with even curves. Ah well, I'll keep practicing!

    Love your pottery BTW - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete