Monday, October 21, 2013

Art journalling

I've been playing around with art journalling lately...something I've always liked but never found a "look" I liked. Some people do too much to the page and I wonder what the point is putting all the paper etc on the page when you paint all over it and then can't see it! So a  ....after watching quite a few YouTube videos, I came up with something I think works for me!

Painted with blue acrylic, then white, red and yellow water colour. The piece of paper in the top right corner is a scrap left over with punched out flowers.

My favourite heart stamp and a small swirl stamp and the doodle bugs. I water coloured the people with white first as the colour stood out better.


I outlined the rub on's with white to highlight them, doodled the flower cut outs, stuck a piece of washi-tape at the bottom then doodled the dangles. (First time I've used washi tape!)
A close-up of the doodle bugs!




 All in all, I'm quite chuffed with the way it turned out. I already have another one planned!

Happy creating


PennyB

No comments:

Post a Comment