Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Relax..zen...

Apologies for not updating last week like I promised I was going to...but...

We're went to Durban this weekend for the Surk Ski World Cup, which my husband paddled in - and took the girls with us! We didn't tell the youngest gannet we were going...she fell asleep in the car en route to the airport...and only realized she was also going on the plane when we gave her her ticket with her name on it!! Her face was picture perfect!
The youngest gannet is an avid Super 14 Sharks supporter...and she got to go to the actual "Shark Tank" on our Durban holiday!

We spent the whole day at Ushaka...and could easily have gone back the next day! The girls participated in the Dolphin Show,  the eldest gannet got to snorkel in one of the tanks and the youngest tried her hand (and feet) at rock climbing!

Watching the waves from one of Durban's piers 2 days prior to the Surfksi race....check out the size of the shorebreak!! It's so big, the surfers have jetski's taking them in and out of the surf! And to top it off, the sardines arrived yesterday!

View of Durban City centre from the top of the Moses Madiba Stadium. I can highly recommend a trip up the Sky Car to anyone visiting.




I've enrolled in a pottery course...it's the one crafty thing I've NEVER done so I'm really enjoying myself! So far I've made 2 pinch pots, a gravy/custard jug, I'm busy finishing off a pie dish and last week we started with tiles!!! THIS is so exciting, because I'm going to zentangle mine as a wall decoration for our patio - can't wait!! I start tangling tomorrow!

I eventually finished Challenge #27, but too late for the slideshow...have a look on my Flickr photostream...and I finished my Book tangle. I started another one in the plane on the way home yesterday, which I'll finish tonight. I'm also working on my 3rd pair of socks...this one for the eldest gannet and another for my brother-in-law! Life is never dull for a crafty mom!


Phew! Hopefully I've sort of caught up from missing a week! Hope everyone in the North is having a good summer, while all my friends down south...stay warm!

Love
Pennyb

No comments:

Post a Comment