Thursday, July 28, 2011

Creative Week

Phew! What a week....
 I sanded and varnished two of my work tables and painted primer on our outside braai area (barbeque for those outside RSA...hee hee)... the roof will come on after winter ie after the rain! Just as well I did them last week while the sun was shining and there was no wind, because this week winter has returned...day/night temps were very similar , rain, and lots of snow inthe higher areas. Can't wait for it to snow on the Matroosberg in Ceres...we'll take the gannets on a day trip to see!(See the location map at the end of this entry!)

Our braais area primed for painting!
 
I've managed to complete 2 UFO's (Un-finished Objects) and got an order to make one for a friend when I asked her opinion!! They're denim shoulder bags, both beaded and lined with boxed corners, which makes them wider. Thanks Lolly Chops ( see her wonderfully humorous site on My Favourite Sites list) for the excellent How to do Bead Embroidery tutorial!

A close-up of the beading.
Left-hand bag is couched with shell discs and the right-hand bag is bugle and seed beads!

I'm still busy with Challenge #32, but created a Swirled zentangle on the weekend...the idea hit me to draw/paint swirls and then tangle where the pen took me! I was quite difficult  to "just let go" and do what the page needed instead of what I wanted to do. (I know all the Creatives out there know exactly what I mean!)

Created with watercolour pencils and 3 different size pens.
The finished Challenge #32!

Phew...like I said, it's been quite a week!
Pennyb




2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy with lots of wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! It has a fun feel to it!

    ReplyDelete