Thursday, August 25, 2011

Phew!

What a week! I am a very proud mom...my two gannets excelled themselves this week...the youngest played in her second netball match - ever - and the determination on her little face is precious. The eldest gannet and her team won all their matches for the season, and went to round 1 of the inter-zone playoffs...and won both their matches!! Round 2 is next week and then the finals! The eldest has also been "called back" by an American University group doing a movie using some of the Primary School children...holding thumbs!

Fish Hoek Primary U12 superstars!

Caitlin got her best goal average in this match!
Look at the determination on that precious face! (black and white team)
 
Challenge #36, from the Diva herself, had us trying out Assunta - Rick's "birthday tangle" to Maria. I wanted to try tangle a grid that got progressively bigger ...not sure I like mine, but here it is anyway!

Challenge #36


I was invited to the Culture and Service Awards at the high school last night...(I'm usually the organiser, so it was quite special) and was honoured by the principal at the end of the evening for the contribution I've made to Culture over the last 18 years. I was very touched and totally overwhelmed! It was a very special moment in my life, especially when some pupils came over and told me I had made a difference to them and that I was missed. 

So while this life chapter closes, another opens and I can start a whole new adventure...and as Abraham Lincoln once said "It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years."

Pennyb

1 comment: