Friday, July 12, 2013

Indian Summer


It's been an awesome last few days of holiday as we've had the most amazing weather! We made the most of it and went walking in the mountains and, of course, on the beach! We walked up Elsies Peak, which  overlooks my home town of Fish Hoek.

Me looking at False Bay in the morning light. It's called False Bay because the the early sailors thought it was the bottom of Africa when they still had to get to Cape Aghulas.

We love where we live!

Far in the distance is the Naval Base

The top of the mountain


Elsies Peak from Fish Hoek beach! I took this photo the next day on our next walk!




Cruising around Pinterest, I found a stunning paint and ink drawing which I had to do! I used water colour pencils with water and a 0.7 micron pen for the ink work. I had such fun with this one that I immediately started a smaller one!
This one is A3.


This is 7x10 in

The Diva's weekly challenge was/is to use a stencil to create the tangle this week. I had an interesting time finding a stencil! I have lots of scrapbooking stencils of shapes and letters but nothing caught my eye. I picked out the following small stencils, the blue scrapblock and my cookie shapes (I got the idea from one of the entrants)


The decision....cookie cutter and circles.

The end product! Tangles used: foghorn, paizel, punzel


Hopefully the good weather lasts for the weekend as school goes back on Monday!

Happy Creating


PennyB





3 comments:

  1. Your holiday looks like so much fun and beautiful photography :) I like your art journal, too.
    Come visit and join my Give-A-way. It is a Amazon.com gift card, so it is good anywhere in the world.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing those photo's, you can see you had a great time.
    Your zendala is beautiful. What made me laugh is the fact that you had all the stencils and used a cookie cutter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful zendala! Especially I like the Punzel-border. Also thank you for sharing your nice photos.

    ReplyDelete